Friday, April 13, 2012

An Afternoon with Rachael Nelson

 Rachael Nelson at her grandparents lakehouse in Issaquah, Washington. 



 Where are you from?
Lake McDonald, a small lake between Renton & Issaquah.

What are some of your fondest memories growing up on Lake McDonald?
It was really wonderful to swim or boat across to my grandparents house. It was really ideal and great to be so close to family. I also loved hearing the bull frogs at night. 



You majored in English at Washington State University. What are your plans post-college?
I want to get my masters in fine arts and poetry. I would love to teach at the collegiate level.

I noticed you have a large collection of books... Do you have a favorite?
Lots of favorites.  This year I really enjoyed reading The Once and Future King by T.H. White. One of my all time favorites is Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.



What's on your personal soundtrack?
getting ready for summer with Neil Young and Motown. Always Motown.

Who inspires your personal style?
Jane Birkin and her offspring

What's your vice?
candy

What's one of your fashion faux pas?
sweatpants

What's your most valuable possession?
My kitties-- Wolfgang and Vincent!

What do you value most in a man?
ability to grow a mustache 

What do you value in a woman?
I value this in both a man and a woman but being creatively inclined and existing in the real world. 


What's one of your proudest moments?
having my work published

What's something you're looking forward to?
Moving to NYC in less than a month. I'm excited for new scenery and a change of pace.

1 comment:

  1. You are a rare treasure Rachel Nelson.
    Thanks Kirby :)
    -WTF

    ReplyDelete