Friday, September 24, 2010

A Day in the Life with Jess Hutchinson


Jess Hutchison. 14th and 3rd, Manhattan.


Where are you currently living?
Williamsburg, NY.

Where did you grow up?
West side of L.A./Santa Monica

Where would you go on your dream holiday?
Tokyo or Stockholm.

What's on your personal soundtrack at the moment?
I'm going back to the 90's- Pixies and Hole as well as some new stuff like Atlas Sound and Beach Fossils.



Where do you gather your fashion inspiration?
The 1930's. It was a powerful and romantic time. Also grunge women. I went to a lot of rock shows with my mom when I was younger.

What's your dream color palette and materials consist of?
I love velvet. Plum and burnt orange. Earthy tones. 

What is your most treasured possession?
My mom's record collection. She dragged them here from England, the south, New Mexico, LA, and now there with me in New York.

What is your favorite film?
I recently watched Bonnie and Clyde which I loved. Anything Hitchcock-- I love North by Northwest. I also love trashy zombie movies from the 80's.



Who's someone you would like to have a conversation with?
Ernest Hemingway or Woody Allen.

Who's your favorite designer?
Proenza Schouler

Who do you admire?
Artists that I envy. Lucian Freud especially.


What is your greatest fear?
growing up alone

What is an overrated virtue?
Making something perfect

What is an underrated virtue?
Being true to yourself. People who aren't true to themselves are just boring.

What is the last book you read?
Im rereading Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse



No comments:

Post a Comment